Criterion CORE Series barrels are designed with tactical shooters in mind. These barrels are built to address issues with weight distribution, balance, and handling of traditional profiles, while increasing performance through consistent harmonics and uniform heat dissipation.
The CORE Series feature a modern, continuous taper profile that eliminates steps and harsh variations in diameter. The steel is redistributed where it is needed most: surrounding the chamber. Added weight over the chamber absorbs heat evenly during hard use and moves the balance of the rifle closer to the body for increased control. This is optimal for maintaining balance when used with modern accessories like Low Power Variable Optics (LPVO’s), weapon-mounted lights, suppressors, clip-on night vision devices, and IR lasers; these components boost the capabilities of the rifle, but can hinder the shooter’s performance by increasing front-end weight. The front end of the CORE Series remains light and fast for better handling, balance, and speed.
Paired with a 1-7 twist and our 5-groove rifling, the 8.5″ & 10.5” can stabilize a wide range of BOTH subsonic and supersonic bullets. If you plan on using a suppressor, it will also ensure subsonic loads are not pushed beyond the supersonic threshold.
The CORE Series helps you handle real-world applications by maintaining exceptional performance and rugged reliability during hard use. These barrels work for you wherever mobility is a priority and performance is essential.
- Made of 4150CMV ordnance grade barrel steel for increased durability and its ability to handle heat from hard use.
- Chrome-lined for superior barrel life and corrosion resistance. Criterion’s chrome-lining process is the most refined in the industry and will not degrade accuracy.
- Hand-lapped rifling for a pristine internal finish—this increases land engagement while minimizing bullet defamation which is paramount for accuracy and longevity.
- Polished chambers for reliable extraction.
- 1-7 twist rate, ideal for use with both subsonic an supersonic loads.
- 5-groove rifling, aids in maximizing land engagement and minimizing bullet deformation.
- Finely tuned gas port for use with and without a suppressor.
- Mil-spec magnesium phosphate exterior finish for added corrosion resistance.
- 5/8-24 TPI muzzle threads, compatible with a wide range of muzzle devices and suppressors.
- M4 style barrel extension.
- .750” Gas Block, dimpled for ease of installation.